- Seal of Good Housekeeping – awarded Bronze by the DILG and now a candidate for the Silver Award. The award is given to local government units score high in planning, budgeting, revenue mobilization, financial management and budget execution, procurement and resource mobilization. In the planning category, the LGU must see to it that its Comprehensive Development Plan and Annual Investment Plan are updated and duly approved. Sound fiscal management is reflected in how the LGU prepares its annual budget and in the growth of local revenues over three years. It must practice transparency in the procurement process and full disclosure in its finances, and comply with the Anti-Red Tape Law. Full disclosure promotes the honest orderly management of public funds and helps minimize corruption and fund misuse.
- Two-Time Recipient of the Performance Challenge Fund – A 1 Million Pesos worth of funds from the DILG to be given in any barangay who mostly need of infrastructure projects.
Archive for October, 2013
- The municipality has ventured in to a lot of infrastructure projects like building of bridges, barangay roads, slope protections, canalization, farm to market roads, solar dryers, dams, solar lights, multi-purpose building, covered courts, material recovery facility, rural health units, irrigation facilities, waiting sheds, terminals, stage and garbage bins.
- NO SEGREAGATION NO COLLECTION POLICY – the Municipality of Porac is one of the:
- municipalities to fully implement the Republic Act 9003 otherwise known as the Ecological Solid Waste Management Act. The municipality permanently closed the Dumpsite located in Brgy. Manuali and has started using the Material Recovery Facilty (MRF). The municipality is one of the few towns which has a Material Recovery Facility and being considered as a pilot municipality in the District 2.
- Piyestang Ilug – thru the initiative of the Concerned Citizens of Porac and the Nagkakaisang Mamamyan para sa Kalikasan at Agrikultura, the Municipality of Porac answered the call for environment protection by doing activities which aims to promote environmental awareness such as Bikaton for a cause, Clean Up Drive and the Piyestang Ilug: Salu salo king Ilug.
- CLEAN AND GREEN PROGRAM – the Municipality in coordination with the DILG sponsored the Clean and Green Program at which all Barangays were required to do its own Clean and Green project that would answer the problem in garbage collection and segregation and also promote a green environment like planting trees along the roadsides and planting bamboo trees along the river side.
- Philhealth Beneficiaries – Total of Philhealth Beneficiaries is 9, 3614 at which 506 being shouldered by the municipality aside from the 2,056 sponsored by the National Household Targeting System (NHTS) and 299 from the Partylist 1UTAK and another 2,500 coming from the Provincial government..
- Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4P’s) – total of 610 indigenous people (IP) beneficiaries amounting to 14, 069, 700 Pesos since the project was launched in November 2009.
- Saup King Panyulung – we have 910 recipients with a total of 6, 064, 000 Pesos. The program is about livelihood assistance to invest in an income generating project.
- AICS (Assistance to Individuals in Crisis Situation) – Both in medical, burial, financial and subsistence assistance. A total of 2,220,000 pesos granted to senior citizens, PWD’s and families in crisis situation.
- Children and Youth Welfare – we have 36 day care services giving subsidy to 36 day care workers. We also conducted supplemental feeding to children aged 0-6 yrs old to all day care and DepEd in Grade 1 funded by the local and national government and NGO’s. Under RA 9344 or the Juvenile Justice Law, RA 7610 or the Child Abuse Law and PD 603 or The Child and Youth Welfare Code, children in conflict with the law and children in need of special protection are being served and are provided financial assistance.
- Services under the Youth Welfare – this includes Summer Job, Travel Assessment, Skills Training, Leadership Training, Sports Development and Government Internship Program at which 46 individuals received a total of 106, 260 from DSWD funds.
- Emergency Assistance – services provided are Relief Assistance to victims of fire and other natural and man-made calamities. The national and local government gave assistance to 24 affected families in Pasbul, Brgy. Camias who were razed by the fire. Each family received 2,000 pesos worth of Cooking and Eating Utensils while the provincial government provided 10,000 pesos in cash. We also provided social study case report for PCSO basis for assistance and other hospital for bill discounts.
- Certificate of Indigency for free medical assistance in dog bites, request for Public Attorneys (PAO), correction of names under local civil registrar, etc.
- Renovation of the Jose Songco Lapid District Hospital – project cost amounting to 40 million at which the 25 million came from Senator Lito Lapid and the remaining 15 million came from Governor Lilia Baby Pineda.
- Renovation of the Rural Health Unit II – the Two (2) storey RHU II was built to better served the Poraqueños in the East section of the municipality.
- Toilets Construction – A total of 359 toilets constructed in several barangays since 2010.
- Flu Vaccine to Senior Citizens – Total of 362 beneficiaries
- Pneumococcal Vaccination from 0-5 years old sponsored by Pfizer: Total of 500 beneficiaries
- Dental and Medical Mission in the Municipality held in November 2011
- Operation Tule: Total of 1092
- Distribution of Toothbrush/Toothpaste to Day Care Students: 950 beneficiaries
- Provision of Milk Supplement Among Malnourished Children: 583 beneficiaries
- Ligtas Buntis Project held March 28, 2012 with 268 beneficiaries
- Training of Community Health Teams in Brgy. Sapang Uwak, Villa Maria, Inararo, Diaz and Planas Tent City
- Mothers Class in All Barangays
- Purchased of Brand New Ambulance – A total of 2 Ambulance being maintained by the municipality.
- Awarded Most Outstanding Municipal Federation of Barangay Health Workers (Regional Level)
- The establishment of Rural Health Unit III that will include a birthing home to be located at the Porac Model Community – renovation of the facility near the INC church.
- SM Foundation – Medical and Dental mission for 1000 indigents of Porac. SM City Clark is a proud partner of the Municipality in its Dental and Medical Mission.
- Medical Assistance in Jose Songco Lapid District Hospital and other District hospital in the province – the Mayor’s office coordinates with the said district hospital for discounts in billing of the patients.
- One (1) Million pesos granted thru the office of Congresswoman Gloria Macapagal Arroyo for medical assistance in Porac District Hospital thru the effort of the office of the Mayor.
- Fifty (50) Thousand pesos worth of Medical assistance granted by 1Utak Partylist.
- Medical mission with private institution like the Don Tomas Dizon Foundation.
- Distribution of Nebulizers – 30 pcs distributed to indigent constituents.
- Distribution of Wheel Chairs – 41 pieces distributed to indigent constituents
- Distribution of Waterpump – 41 pieces distributed to indigent constituents
- Recipient of Free Medical/Surgical Treatment – the office of the Mayor thru the support of the Governor’s office has given free medical and surgical assistance to indigent constituents. This is in line with program of Gov. Pineda in helping out the poor to get the proper medical treatment.
|SURGICAL PROCEDURES||NO. OF OPERATED PATIENT|
|Breast Mass (Bukol king Suso)||10|
|Cholicystectomy (Bato king Apdu)||8|