Date: April 25, 2014
Porac, Pampanga – Eight thousand five hundred forty eight indigent Poraqueños benefited free philhealth cards from the national government thru the local government of Porac as part of the department of health’s (DOH) advocacy campaign program “Alaga Ka Para Sa Maayos Na Buhay” (ALAGA KA) thru the Tamang Serbisyo Para Sa Kalusugan Ng Pamilya (TSEKAP).
The new PhilHealth ID Card or I-PhilHealthy Card Benefits and Discounts so far:
- Discounts on Various Drugstores (Watson’s & Rose Pharmacy).
- Discounts on Various Generic Drugs.
- Discounts on Optical Eyewear.
- Discounted Rate on Hemodialysis.
- Discount on Drug Testing upon Renewal of Driver’s License.
- Discounts on Different Types of Vaccines.
- Discounts and privileges will expand as PhilHealth continues to partner with other private companies.
When admitted to the hospital, philhealth provides subsidy for Room and board, drugs and medicines, laboratories, operating Room and professional fees for confinements of not less than 24 Hours. Sponsored program members and their qualified Dependents may be provided health care for free for the Following conditions at any philhealth-accredited Government facility or hospital.
This is to make sure that indigent members and those from the near poor segment of the population are properly instructed on how to avail of these basic health services at the rural health units and health centers where they are assigned. And a p4.8m budget is sponsored by our local government unit for this year to its 2, 000 employees. The provincial government unit also allotted a budget of p10m for the point-of-care program exclusive for the indigent families.